- to say who somebody is or what something is: I´m Sam. That´s my ticket.
- to describe something or somebody: Your shoes are nice. He is tall.
- to say where somebody is from: He is American. We are from Brazil.
- to talk about people´s jobs: She is a teacher. My father is a doctor.
- to talk about somebody´s age: I´m nineteen. Sally is twenty one.
- to say how we feel: We are tired. He is angry.
- to say where somebody or something is: She is at home. Your bag is on the chair.
- to talk about somebody´s health: I´m fine. Kate is ill.
he/she/it ´s (is)
I´m not (am not)
he/she/it isn´t (is not)
you/we/they aren´t (are not)
Yes, I am. Yes, he/she/it is. Yes, you/we/they are.
No, I´m not. No, he/she/it isn´t. No, you/we/they aren´t.